Help us raise funds to support your local community! The Salvation Army has charity shops around the country that exist to raise funds for the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people in our communities. But more than that, a Salvation Army charity shop is a place where people can feel at home and find a friendly team and a sympathetic ear – providing a vital lifeline to many.
If you are looking to join a team of volunteers where no two days are the same, this could be the role for you. Whatever your skills or passion, we can find something to suit you. Whether you want to help out behind the scenes or are interested in a role supervising others, there’s a place for you in our team.
Volunteering could involve tasks like:
- Greeting customers
- Sorting and processing new donations
- Operating the till
You will need to be:
- In sympathy with the aims and objectives of The Salvation Army
- Organised and methodical
- Able to listen and take instruction
- A good team player
What skills will I develop?
- Working as part of a team
- Customer service and communication skills
- Enhance your CV and gain experience in all areas of charity retail operations
See our latest charity shop roles.