The London Marathon is the UK's landmark race, and the world’s most famous marathon.
Each year 35,000 runners take part and thousands of cheering spectators line the iconic course through central London from Blackheath to The Mall: the atmosphere is, quite simply, incredible.
We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers to be part of our Cheer Squad at the London Marathon, encouraging our fantastic Salvation Army runners!
Apply to join our Cheer Squad by filling out this short form below:
- When: Sunday 28 Apr 2019
- Where: Mile 19 of The London Marathon - The Old Town Hall , Poplar, London, E14
- Highlights: Cheering our incredible runners in an amazing atmosphere in the capital as they complete the challenge of a lifetime
- Commitment: 4 hours - 12pm to 4pm
How you'll help
Our runners are raising money for our modern slavery victim care fund and local Salvation Army projects.
By cheering them on, you will be playing a vital role on the day by giving them the a much needed boost full of cheers, smiles, positivity (and jelly babies) in the final few miles of their epic challenge.
The London Marathon is taking place on Sunday 28th April 2019 and is a great opportunity to involve the whole family.
No experience necessary - just a lot of enthusiasm and a good set of lungs!
We will provide a t-shirt, and all cheering accessories so all you need to do is turn up, soak up the atmosphere and spread the cheer.
We are looking for people to cheer with us at the following point along the route:
Mile 19 - The Old Town Hall, No. 117 Poplar High Street, E14 - 12pm to 4pm
Please come and join us - even if you are only available for a few hours.
You can apply for this role by filling out the short form below and one of our team will be in touch with you.
As part of 'Team Sally Army Cheer Squad' we'll provide verything you need to support our runners, including:
- A FREE breathable 'Go! Team Sally Army' t-shirt to wear on the day
- Bam Bam sticks to make sure you're heard cheering for our incredible runners
- A goody bag with an array of cheering accessories
- Musical entertainment from one of our brass bands and Timbrel groups