Red Shield Enterprises is a social enterprise set up by The Salvation Army in order to:
- Provide a high-quality, comprehensive electrical services to a wide range of client base delivered by a team of NICEIC approved engineers.
- We offer services at commercial and residential premises across the UK. We hold a number of contracts, both private and in the third sector. We are in the process of expanding.
- To deliver PAT testing training, qualification and experience to people who may not otherwise have that opportunity. We want to help people facing barriers to work, including past or present homelessness, to reach their full potential and improve their quality of life.
We deliver our services with all of the reliability and integrity associated with The Salvation Army.
Why engage in our social enterprise?
As we are a social enterprise, we reinvest our income to provide PAT testing training and employment opportunities for the homeless and unemployed. Our customers therefore have the assurance of using a professional service with a social ethos.
We deliver contracts based all over London and the UK.
The scheme is designed to help people who are unemployed and homeless and to help them be job ready and to get into employment.
We offer opportunities for development and training in a supportive, but authentic working environment. Whatever profit is gained is reinvested to help others undergo training in electrical testing, thereby equipping more people with necessary skills that will enhance their ability to return to the work place. By working on sites and attending courses at The Salvation Army centres, our training programmes gets to the heart of the issues that matter to our trainees.
“Through this, we see individuals grow, develop, and contribute to their local community again”
We are committed to helping those who have fallen on difficult times – whether it be homelessness or unemployed, to acquire skills, build self-confidence and get them job ready.
Since starting trading in 2009, Red Shield Enterprises (RSE) has:
- Tested over 1,000,000 electrical items for safety.
- Trained 172 people in PAT-Testing, all of whom have experienced homelessness or long-term unemployment.
- Generated an income of £1M and has invested £475,500 into training and resources for the trainees.
Why use our service?
- By engaging in our enterprise clients can work in partnership with RSE to help some of the most disadvantaged people in society at no extra cost.
- It is an excellent project and ticks a lot of the boxes for sustainability and social impact.
- Creates an opportunity to develop social responsibility practice (CSR) by supporting the wider community.
- At RSE we pride ourselves on being one of the very limited electrical safety testing companies that offer this uniquely rewarding service at a very competitive price.
At RSE we work with private, public, and third sector organisations. We also collaborate with facilities management companies and electrical contractors who trust us to provide a fully managed service to their clients.
“They provided a comprehensive and high-quality service which addressed our challenging needs perfectly. We were most impressed by their attention to detail and will definitely use them again.” - Mark Rose, Business Services Director, William Booth College
“Excellent service from start to finish. Prompt, clear communication and information. Easy to arrange a date for testing to be carried out. While the team were on site they were unobtrusive and worked efficiently … Highly recommended!” - Jacqui Davis, Chief Executive, Chaucer Homecare Ltd
What Do Our Trainees Say?
"It has been a brilliant week. Having been homeless and on the streets for about six months... the training opportunity got me into a routine of waking up early, getting dressed, going out in the morning and having something positive to look forward to. Overall, the electrical safety testing training course has provided me with the opportunity to tread a path I have always wanted to, and I have found it to be very beneficial. Hopefully, when the time is right I would like to continue on establishing my own PAT-Testing business.” - GH’, resident of David Barker House Lifehouse
"If I'm honest I can't think of anything negative about my experience. The training sessions were always enjoyable, challenging as well as extremely useful. Very grateful for giving me the opportunity to attend the course and gain practical experience at different sites. I'm hopeful the experience I've attained would lead to better things in the future and I would encourage anyone who is seriously considering entering this field to take up this course." - TP (resident at The Salvation Army Lifehouse)
Whether you want to know more about our training programme or for a FREE, no obligation quote, please get in touch with us by:
Tel: 0800 652 4276
You can be assured that we have a vastly experienced team dedicated to provide a competitive first class electrical services.