What we do
- We provide high quality, in-depth research to enable Salvation Army leaders and frontline staff to develop services in line with government policies and identified needs.
- We provide specialist advice on new programme initiatives or development of new programme facilities across the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland. We work with various internal and external partners, including our churches, community services, local authority and city councils, and many others.
The Research team includes specialisms in impact measurement, action research and knowledge management.
While most of the output is for internal use only the Research team also:
- Produces bulletins and briefings
- Maintains links with universities, and ecumenical and third sector research groups
- Publishes research
- Collaborates on external research projects
- Co-ordinates ethical approval for external researchers
If you are a researcher and are interested in carrying out research on The Salvation Army please contact us for details of our application process.
We are comprised of a team of Development Managers based across the UK that develop and maintain meaningful relationships and respond to development project requests. A Development project is one where local mission is changing or growing and the building is unsuitable for the new mission and programme. Our role is to project manage that growth from pre-inception to feasibility. We support the local expression of the Salvation Army in relation to mission through their building changes as well as other resources that are required. Through our work, we:
- Provide objective advice and evidence to support mission-related decision making
- Journey with vision-casting and co-ordinating support through multi-stakeholder groups
- Serve as a critical friend of faith embedding God’s word in all of our work
- Ensure proposals are feasible and in line with governance and charitable objectives
- Explore new builds, extensions, redevelopments, acquisitions or other non-building related projects
Director of Research & Development: Nick Redmore
Email: email@example.com Tel: 0207367 4859