ChurchNot only because you need something, but because you have something to be thankful for.
please expand each section to see what's on
11am Morning Worship
- A lively mixture of prayer, praise, music and readings from the bible
- Service lasts for around 1 hour followed by tea and coffee (and biscuits) in the Whitchurch Room
- Contibutions to this service by children and youth.
- Accompaning music by the Salvation Army Band and piano with additional music by the Songsters (Choir)
5pm Prayer Meeting - The Salvation Army prayer team Basingstoke
Would you like us to pray for you?
Prayer makes a busy life easier
We gather every 2nd and 4th Sunday of each month between 4 - 5pm at the Salvation Hall (Whitchurch Room)
6.30pm Evening Worship
9.30am Employment Plus local
- Where? Upstairs at the Salvation Army Hall, Wessex Close
- When? Open Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings 09.30am to 12.30
- We offer resource to find jobs on line, create a CV, formulate a covering letter, create an e mail account.
- Help with fiiling in forms and access to a free phone with individual help.
- In a relaxed and friendly atmosphere with help from people who care and have time for you.
- Who? Anyone can attend if they are looking for work.
1.30pm Baby SongFortnightly in term time (please call for dates)
- BABY-SONG is an Inter-Active Group for Mums (Parents) and Babies to enyoy the many different facets of music together and be introduced to, and learn to appreciate, the many benifits that music can have in the very early years of childhood
- Children can never be introduced to music too early - the earlier the better - as it can be a tremendous learning aid
- The BABY-SONG Group is open to children of all ages from birth to school age. The session is approximately one hour long followed by refreshments for both the chidren and parents.
- A fee of £1.50 per family is charged for the whole session.
- 10.30am Over 50s Fellowship (Alternate weeks)
- Just come along and enjoy good fellowship and friendship.
- A light lunch (optional) is provided at a cost of £1.50 at 12.00 noon.
- Activities include singing, quizzes, talks from speakers, board games, film watching, going on outings etc.
- Meet new friends and have fun and laughter together.
- A club for over 50's meets weekly at 10.30 for tea or coffee followed by the club meeting at 11.00am
8pm Songsters (Choir Practice) Note: No Songster Tuesday practice during August
- A time to practise and learn new songs to be sung in the weekly meetings
9.30am - 12.30pm Employment Plus Local - Please see details listed on Monday
10.30am - 12pm Coffee Stop
- Every Wednesday morning, Coffee Stop takes place between 10.30am and 12.00 noon
- We enjoy tea/coffee, and lovely cakes baked by volunteers.
- Good fellowship, sometimes laughter, and sometimes sharing problems.
- Anyone is welcome so come along and see what goes on for yourself.
9.45am - 11.30am Family Time (Parents & Toddler Club)
- Term time only
12.45pm Lunch Club - Alternate Thursdays
- By appointment held every Thursday for Senior Citizens
- 3 Course meal provided at a cost of £3.50
- Places limited, for more information please contact Phyl Blunden on 01256 353489
2.30pm - Home League
- This is a weekly meeting for ladies (but gentlemen are not excluded)
- The following four aims are included a) Worship, b) Education, c) Fellowship, d) Service
- The role of women in society over the years has been a big influence and the Home League provides a Christian influence in all subjects
- A friendly atmosphere is created during the meeting, with singing and interesting talks.
- Held weekly on thursdays between 2.30pm and 3.30pm and includes a cup of tea - Everyone is welcome to come along
8pm Band Practice Note, no Thursday practice during August
9.30am - 12.30pm Employment Plus Local - Please seedetails listed on Monday
10am Bible Fellowship
- 1st and 3rd Fridays in the month - we do not meet in August
2.30pm Home League Fellowship at Seeviours Court, Whitchurch, RG28 7EA
- 2nd Friday in the month - we do not meet in August
5.30pm Messy Church
In June, around twenty churches in the town, including The Salvation Army, will be taking part in an initiative called trypraying, organised by OneChurch Basingstoke. The initiative seeks to ensure people have a decent chance to hear about Jesus.
trypraying isn’t aimed at Christians, but for those who are irreligious or agnostic. The idea is that everyone in our congregation will be given a copy of the trypraying booklet on Sunday 2 June and encouraged to use it for themselves over the coming week. After a united prayer gathering on Pentecost Sunday (9 June), in the following week, everyone is encouraged to look for a God-given opportunity to “lose” the booklet by giving it to a friend. They can encourage people by saying: “Try praying for a week and see what happens.” It’s that simple.
The initiative will be supported by branded publicity inside and outside of Basingstoke churches, along with a bus advertising campaign.
The corps has also invested in extra copies of the booklets for distribution in our community activities and for use by the hospital and town chaplaincies.
Would you join in praying:
- What might God want to say to you as you study the trypraying booklet?
- Imagine the spiritual power that could be unleashed as our congregation studies prayer together between 2-9 June.
- Who might God be directing you towards giving the booklet to when you’ve finished reading it?
- Imagine what God could do with the extra booklets we’ve bought for our community activities and for the hospital and town chaplaincies.
- The Safe, Basingstoke
- St. Andrew's Church, Basingstoke.
For our Korea Territory, especially for new converts and soldiers as our fundamental mission; for junior soldiers and candidates, for spreading of holiness amongst soldiers, officers, and all the corps and centres; for our specialised social welfare ministries; for the Accountability Movement; for developing unused assets, investments for profit and long term asset investments.
Events June & Beyond
Sunday 16th June - Fathers day
9.45am-10.45am Grid Group
11.00am-12.15pm Fathers Day - Facetime with your Father
No Sunday School
No Outreach Ministry
6.30-7.45pm A life on contentment - Thanking God for Transformed Lives.
Monday 17th June
9.30-12.30am Employment plus
7.30pm-9pm Fellowship Band Rehearsal (Reading Lower Earley)
Tuesday 18th June
6-7pm Young Peoples Choir Practice
8-9.15pm Songster Practice
Wednesday 19th June
9.30am-12.30pm Employment Plus
10.30-12.00 noon Coffee Stop
Thursday 20th June
9.45-11.30am Family time
12.30-2.00pm Luncheon Club
2.15-3.45pm Home League
8-9.15pm Band Practice
Friday 21st June
9.30am-12.30pm Employment Plus
10-11pm Bible Study
Messy Church (please note change of date from 28 June)
Saturday 22 June
EastropLIVE and OneChurch Basingstoke at BasingstokeLIVE events
Sunday 23rd June
9.45-10.45am Grid Group
10-10.30am Outreach Ministry at Magnolis Court (Phyl Blunden)
11.00am-12.15pm Morning Worship
11.40am approx - 12.10pm Sunday School
5-6pm Prayer meeting (Brian Hooper)
6.30-7.45pm Evening Worship (led by Fan the Flame)
Dates for your Diary
Tuesday 25-Saturday 29th June
Lt Rob on furlough
Wednesday 26 June
Young Adult Cell Group (please note change of date from 19 June)
Friday 28-Sunday 30 June
Women & God Weekend (Swanwick Conference Centre)
Wednesday 3rd July
Covenent Day (William Booth College)
Thursday 4th July
General Change - Officers Conclude Appointments
Saturday 6th July
Commisioning of Messengers of Compasssion (Westminster Central Hall)
Sunday 7th July
Farewell Sunday (William Boothe College)
Thursday 11th July
General Change - Officers Move Appointments
Friday 12th July
6.30-9.30pm United Youth Worship Event - Christ Church Chineham
Saturday 13th July
Sunday 14th July
Young People's Anniversary Sunday
1-4pm Corp Picnic - Kempshott Village Hall
If anyone is interested in helping run the computer system during Sundays Meetings, please sign up on the sheet in the foyer to receive training. The computer system is pivotal to our meetings so its helpful to have as many people available to run it as possible.
If you would like to provide the church flowers for our Alter Table, perhaps for a special occasion (such as birthday, anniversary or remembrance please put your name against your chosen date on the list in the Whitchurch room.
Salvation Army Uniform items and Assessories
For availability of pre-loved uniform clothing and accessories please get in touch with Annie Tarry or Roy Godfrey
Meet the people
our church leaders are committed to transforming the lives of people in their community