ChurchNot only because you need something, but because you have something to be thankful for.
please expand each section to see what's on
11am Morning Worship
- A lively mixture of prayer, praise, music and readings from the bible
- Service lasts for around 1 hour followed by tea and coffee (and biscuits) in the Whitchurch Room
- Contibutions to this service by children and youth.
- Accompaning music by the Salvation Army Band and piano with additional music by the Songsters (Choir)
5pm Prayer Meeting - The Salvation Army prayer team Basingstoke
Would you like us to pray for you?
Prayer makes a busy life easier
We gather every 2nd and 4th Sunday of each month between 4 - 5pm at the Salvation Hall (Whitchurch Room)
6.30pm Evening Worship
9.30am Employment Plus local
- Where? Upstairs at the Salvation Army Hall, Wessex Close
- When? Open Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings 09.30am to 12.30
- We offer resource to find jobs on line, create a CV, formulate a covering letter, create an e mail account.
- Help with fiiling in forms and access to a free phone with individual help.
- In a relaxed and friendly atmosphere with help from people who care and have time for you.
- Who? Anyone can attend if they are looking for work.
1.30pm Baby SongFortnightly in term time (please call for dates)
- BABY-SONG is an Inter-Active Group for Mums (Parents) and Babies to enyoy the many different facets of music together and be introduced to, and learn to appreciate, the many benifits that music can have in the very early years of childhood
- Children can never be introduced to music too early - the earlier the better - as it can be a tremendous learning aid
- The BABY-SONG Group is open to children of all ages from birth to school age. The session is approximately one hour long followed by refreshments for both the chidren and parents.
- A fee of £1.50 per family is charged for the whole session.
- 10.30am Over 50s Fellowship (Alternate weeks)
- Just come along and enjoy good fellowship and friendship.
- A light lunch (optional) is provided at a cost of £1.50 at 12.00 noon.
- Activities include singing, quizzes, talks from speakers, board games, film watching, going on outings etc.
- Meet new friends and have fun and laughter together.
- A club for over 50's meets weekly at 10.30 for tea or coffee followed by the club meeting at 11.00am
8pm Songsters (Choir Practice) Note: No Songster Tuesday practice during August
- A time to practise and learn new songs to be sung in the weekly meetings
9.30am - 12.30pm Employment Plus Local - Please see details listed on Monday
10.30am - 12pm Coffee Stop
- Every Wednesday morning, Coffee Stop takes place between 10.30am and 12.00 noon
- We enjoy tea/coffee, and lovely cakes baked by volunteers.
- Good fellowship, sometimes laughter, and sometimes sharing problems.
- Anyone is welcome so come along and see what goes on for yourself.
9.45am - 11.30am Family Time (Parents & Toddler Club)
- Term time only
12.45pm Lunch Club - Alternate Thursdays
- By appointment held every Thursday for Senior Citizens
- 3 Course meal provided at a cost of £3.50
- Places limited, for more information please contact Phyl Blunden on 01256 353489
2.30pm - Home League
- This is a weekly meeting for ladies (but gentlemen are not excluded)
- The following four aims are included a) Worship, b) Education, c) Fellowship, d) Service
- The role of women in society over the years has been a big influence and the Home League provides a Christian influence in all subjects
- A friendly atmosphere is created during the meeting, with singing and interesting talks.
- Held weekly on thursdays between 2.30pm and 3.30pm and includes a cup of tea - Everyone is welcome to come along
8pm Band Practice Note, no Thursday practice during August
9.30am - 12.30pm Employment Plus Local - Please seedetails listed on Monday
10am Bible Fellowship
- 1st and 3rd Fridays in the month - we do not meet in August
2.30pm Home League Fellowship at Seeviours Court, Whitchurch, RG28 7EA
- 2nd Friday in the month - we do not meet in August
5.30pm Messy Church
Basingstoke Street Pastors
St Leonards Church Basingstoke
Events July & Beyond
Monday 22nd July
9.30am-12.30pm Employment Plus
Tuesday 23rd July
10.30am-12.00 noon Over 50's Club
12.00Noon-1.00pm Light Lunch
600pm-7.00pm Young Peoples Choir Practise
8.00-9.15 Songster Practise
Wednesday 24th July
9.30am-12.30pm Employment Plus
Thursday 25th July
2.00pm-2.30pm Funeral Service for Brian Ambler
3.15pm-4.15pm Celebration of Life Service for Brian Ambler
8.00-9.15pm Band Practise
Friday 26th July
9.30am-12.30pm Employment Plus
2.00-3.00pm House Prayer Group - Venue TBC
5.30-7.00pm Messy Church
Saturday 27th July
Adherents and Friends Fellowship
Sunday 28th July
9.45-10.45 Grid Group
11.00am - 12.15pm Morning Worship
11.40-12.10 Sunday School
3.00-3.30pm Outreach - Abbey Court (Leader Dereck)
5.00-6.00pm Prayer Meeting
6.30pm - 7.45pm Evening Worship
Dates for your Diary
Tuesday 30th July
Officers Informal Welcome to New Officers in the Division
Saturday 3rd August
6.30pm-9.39pm Territorial Music School Final Festival
If anyone is interested in helping run the computer system during Sundays Meetings, please sign up on the sheet in the foyer to receive training. The computer system is pivotal to our meetings so its helpful to have as many people available to run it as possible.
If you would like to provide the church flowers for our Alter Table, perhaps for a special occasion (such as birthday, anniversary or remembrance please put your name against your chosen date on the list in the Whitchurch room.
Salvation Army Uniform items and Assessories
For availability of pre-loved uniform clothing and accessories please get in touch with Annie Tarry or Roy Godfrey
Basingstoke Salvation Army needs volunteers to cook and help serve lunches at its Lunch Club and to drive its minibus.
Volunteers are needed on Tuesdays weekly, for around 4 hours for kitchen work and 3 hours for driving, on a monthly rota basis. Kitchen volunteers will work from 10am-2pm with lunch served to around 40 people between 12:15pm-1:30pm. Drivers will pick up people and drop them off at The Salvation Army hall between 9am-10:30am and then make the reverse journey from 1:30-3pm. Lunch can be provided for all volunteers.
If you are interested in helping out, please telephone 01256 328178 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The Salvation Army looks forward to working with you.
Meet the people
our church leaders are committed to transforming the lives of people in their community