The Salvation Army in Pill is a community of people, journeying together in faith and in life. We believe in a loving, all-embracing God who calls us to love and serve our community and live out our faith in our everyday lives.
please expand each section to see what's on
Our Sunday worship is relaxed and informal and open to all. We hope that you will feel at home in our services:
10:30am All-Together Worship
Our Sunday morning service is for all people and all ages. We use a mix of traditional and more modern music and singing, lively Bible teaching, and space for prayer and reflection. We have a toddler and babies area as well as activities for children. Our morning service is followed by refreshments and a chance to chat and get to know one another.
A variety of activities and programmes for the community
7.30pm Fellowship band and choir rehearsals
Come and have a listen, or enquire about joining. Phone or pop into The Salvation Army for more information and dates of rehearsals (usually monthly).
10am - 11.30am Rhyme & Sign
- Run by the Children's Centre, Rhyme and Sign is a creative singing and music session for babies, toddlers and their carers. It is followed by a time to play and chat with a healthy snack for the children.
9am - 11am Parent and Toddler Group
- A spacious and lively group for babies, toddlers and their carers to play and chat and make new friends. A range of toys for all ages, refreshments for the grown-ups and a snack for babies and toddlers, plus a craft, and songs and rhymes to finish.
7.30 till 9pm Friday Night Live
Friday Night Live (FNL) is our new weekly club for young people who are secondary-school age and upwards. Look out for details on our Pill Salvation Army Facebook page or contact us for details. £2.50 (includes a hot dog at the start and a delicious hot chocolate to end the evening).
10am - 12pm Coffee Morning
- Delicious cakes, tea, coffee and hot chocolate, plus a toddler area with colouring and toys. Our proceeds each week go to the work of The Salvation Army in Pill.
Dedications and Weddings
Some things explained!
A dedication is The Salvation Army's way to christen/baptise children. A dedication of a young child is a promise made by parents and guardians to bring their child up in a Christian home, setting a good example at all times, providing love and support, and nurture not just the child's everyday physical life, but especially their spiritual growth. Preparations and details are discussed and organised with Salvation Army Officers (ministers) at the Corps (church) of your choice.
Salvation Army weddings are as any other Christian wedding, big and white or otherwise! A wedding ceremony can include traditional bits such as the white bridal dress, bridesmaids, etc, and special touches around the building such as flowers, ribbons etc. Salvation Army weddings can be led by the Officer based at the Corps, or a guest Salvation Army Officer if appropriate. Preparations and details are discussed and organised with the Salvation Army Officer. We also encourage and provide marriage preparation classes in the months leading up to the wedding.
Families and Young People
We run a variety of programmes to support families, children and young people, including toddler groups, kids clubs, a summer holiday club, all-age Sunday worship and special family events throughout the year.
Monthly Messy Church
Coming soon! Look out for details of our next Messy Church event.
- Messy Church an all-age church where everyone is valued equally
- It provides an informal environment for all-ages to explore and experience faith and worship through messy crafts and creative activities, food and celebration
- It recognises we are all imperfect and lead messy lives for many reasons
- It invites us to come together, make things together, eat together and celebrate God together
- All children must be accompanied by an adult
Meet the people
our church leaders are committed to transforming the lives of people in their community