Freedom from the pain and suffering of addiction is possible.
Gloucester House is a residential substance misuse service rated as outstanding by CQC.
We have been treating clients for over 50 years, and are passionate about igniting the unique potential of every individual. We inspire our clients to embrace on-going change and build a new life, free from addiction.
We offer a 12 Step integrated programme, consisting of two 12 week stages; an intensive initial stage followed by a lower intensive stage; either or both can be accessed.
A referral pack, including referral form, can be accessed via our website, or by phoning 01793 762365. All applicants need to send back the completed form and then attend for a full assessment interview.
Read below for further details on our programming and clientele.
What we offer
Our programmes are designed to help our clients craft a whole new sense of self, freeing them from the grip of addiction and realising their true potential as human beings. Our programming includes:
- Education and training courses
- Craft Shop: Creative workshops, including pottery, art, community allotment, counselling, gardening/allotment and pet therapy
- External activities including country walks, cinema outings & other activities.
- Exercise and activities
- Including Topic Groups, which address topics such as:
- Relapse Prevention
- Emotional regulation
- Interpersonal effectiveness Skills
- Peer-led groups
- Food training, including good food management, a hygiene certificate and cooking lessons
- Financial skills, including debt management
- IT assessment: our goal is that ever client leaves with the minimum of an email account and access to the internet
- Literacy Classes, giving clients the opportunity to gain qualifications
- Our aim is to help individuals to understand meaning and purpose of life through daily reflection sessions, mindfulness, guided relaxation and meditation.
- Nature Therapy
- Resettlement Support through supported move-on organisations
- Structured day program for local people in the vicinity
- Family support e.g. family conferences
- 1 to 1 counselling
- Recovery Planning
Who we help
Applicants to Gloucester house can apply from anywhere in the UK. The eligibility criteria are:
- Drug and /or alcohol addiction
- Detoxed prior to admission or on reducing subutex script
- Over 18
- Male only
- All faiths
- Dual diagnosis clients accepted (details on enquiry)
Gloucester House is located in a small, peaceful market town, and operates with the support of the local community. Our facilities include:
- 13 single occupancy rooms
- Full board accommodation
- Communal facilities
- Education and support facilities
- A quiet garden
- A mini-bus to transport clients to a variety of 12 Step meetings.
Access to Funding
We understand that not everyone has access to the resources needed to treat their addiction. For those who cannot get funding, Gloucester House offers a limited number of free places every year under our ‘Buy a Bed, Save a Life’ scheme. Applicants can also apply for Local Authority funding through their local substance misuse service.
We also take self-funded clients.
Living with Addiction
Trevor was able to overcome his addictions and rebuild his life
Read Trevor's story
Here at Gloucester House, we offer
We offer a bespoke 12 Step integrated primary and secondary stage program from between three to six months.
- 1-2-1 Weekly Counseling Sessions
- Daily Teaching Groups on a variety of topics
- Client Process Groups to help improve interpersonal communication.
- Weekly Client Community Consultation
- 12 Step peer-mentor led groups in which clients work through assignments
- Clients will also attend AA, NA and CA Fellowship Groups
- Groups and 1-2-1 sessions available
- Opportunity to offer peer support to new clients
- Opportunity for independent living in our move-on facility
- Voluntary work in the community