Primary School Resources
- Helping Hands Lesson
- Helping Hands Presentation
- Resource Sheet A - Faces
- Resources Sheet B - Helping Hands song
- Resources Sheet C - Helping Hands sheet
- Resource Sheet D - Images
The Salvation Army in the Community
A PowerPoint presentation explaining the work that The Salvation Army is doing in the
local area. We suggest you might like to invite your local Salvation Army Officer to use this and to talk about their work in your area.
A set of 18 cards depicting the varied work that The Salvation Army does in the community. Ideal for KS2 classes who wish to investigate and reflect upon community work. Also available is the PowerPoint presentation, suggested activities and resources.
- Community Sorting Cards
- Community Sorting Cards presentation
- Community Sorting Cards Ideas
- Community Sorting Cards Additional Resources
Community Blockbuster Quiz
Why not challenge pupils to a game of Blockbusters? A game is always a fun and effective way to reinforce learning. Try it after a lesson about community work!
More Community Resources
More community resources can be found here, as part of the Ultimate Church Visit.
Home from Home NEW!
A story of hope and belonging. This KS2 lesson explores how a community can support refugees. It encourages pupils to reflect on how we can be welcoming to others in our lives. It is based on real events, of a Salvation Army community supporting a Syrian refugee family through the Community Sponsorship scheme. There is a PSHE focus but can easily be adapted for RE.
- Home from Home Lesson
- Home from Home Short Lesson Plan Guide for Teachers
- Home from Home Presentation
- Resource Sheet A - Background Story
- Resource Sheet B - Flags
- Resource Sheet C - Questions and Feelings
- Resource Sheet D - Community Quotes
- Resource Sheet E - People in the Community Cards
- Curriculum Links
A KS2 lesson around the theme of refugees. It explores the journey of a refugee and how and why The Salvation Army is supporting refugees.
- Why Help? Lesson
- Why Help? Presentation
- Resource Sheet A Modern-Day Samaritan Story
- Resource Sheet B Packed Bag
- Resource Sheet C Refugee Photographs
- International Response Reference Sheet
The activities focus on The Salvation Army's Sandwich People project based at Booth House in Swindon and can be used as part of RE or Citizenship work in Upper Key Stage 2/Lower Key Stage 3.
- Live Life to the Max (KS2/3)
Hole in My Life
A resource to show pupils a positive image of
homeless people as individuals with potential and something to offer to society.
More Homelessness Resources
More homelessness resources can be found here, as part of the Ultimate Church Visit.
Secondary School Resources
Refugees: Moving On NEW!
A two-part lesson for 11-16 year olds exploring who refugees are and how The Salvation Army seek to help refugees in the UK.
- L1 Got to Go Presentation
- L1 Got to Go Pupil Worksheets
- L1 Got to Go Lesson Plan
- Chi Chi's Story Audio
- Extra guidance notes
- L2 Moving On Presentation
- L2 Moving On Pupil Worksheets
- L2 Moving On Lesson Plan
- Refugee Response Video 1
- Refugee Response Video 2
- Extra guidance notes
A lesson for 14-16 year-olds about what a refugee is and what The Salvation Army is doing to help refugees across Europe.
A lesson for 14-16 year-olds about the causes
and consequences of gambling. The lesson also explores The Salvation Army's standpoint on gambling.
Homelessness lesson ideas for 10-14 year-olds.
A resource about homelessness and the work of The Salvation Army. Using colourful illustrations and simple language and concepts, we hope to help pupils understand why people become homeless, how it feels to be homeless and what The Salvation Army is doing to help homeless people rebuild their lives.
- Hole in My Life Assembly Outline (KS4)
- Hole in My Life Assembly presentation (KS4)
- Hole in My Life Lesson Ideas
The Salvation Army today
An assembly to help secondary pupils understand what the Salvation Army believes and what it does to serve others today.